The Clutha Mental Health Team provides a service for people with moderate to severe mental illnesses. While the service is operated by the Otago District Health Board, the Mental Health team is situated next door to the hospital in Balclutha, operating out of 24 Clyde Street.
Services the Clutha Mental Health Team provide are:
- Community based psychiatric assessment, treatment, support and education for moderate to severe mental illness.
- Advice and support for family members and caregivers
- Liaison with other health services i.e Inpatient Services, Emergency Psychiatric Services and General Practitioners.
- Support and education for community agencies.
- Duly Authorised Officer services in accordance with the Mental Health Act 1992.
Our team consists of Psychiatric District Nurses, a Drug and Alcohol Counsellor, a Social Worker, a Occupational Therapist, Administration staff, a Visiting Psychiatrist for Adults, a Child and Youth worker, a Psychologist for Children, a Visiting Psychiatrist for Children and a Visiting Psychogeriatrician.
To make enquiries with the Clutha Mental Health Team please contact 03 419 0440 during the hours of 8.30 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.