Within our Clutha Health First Community Team we have a Social Worker that provides service to those in the Inpatient Ward and within the Community. The requirement to access Social Work services is that a person has Personal Health and/or Age Related issue. Our Social Work department is efficient in replying to referrals ideally with contact being made with the client within 48 hours.
Our Social Workers Provide:
- Information on Hospital Services
- Supporting individuals / family / whanau through the transition from hospital care to home
- Information on Disability Allowance (services funded)
- Information on management of disabilities and services available
- Travel and accommodation funding information for people travelling outside of Otago to receive medical treatment at other centres
- Supporting people to access community services / organisations
- Linking people with other healthcare / social service providers
- Supporting individuals / family / whanau to manage lifestyle changes as a result of health and / or disability issues
- Supporting caregivers caring for a family member at home
- Relationship management
- Assisting with grief / stress management
If you wish to speak to one of our Social Workers, please call us on 03 419 0523 between the hours of 8.30 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday.