The Clutha Health First District Nurses are based at Clutha Health First and carry out their work in the homes of the patients in the community. The District Nurses will visit their clients on a basis organised with them to deliver professional, caring and individual care to their patients.
Our District Nurses provide:
- Meals on Wheels Assessments
- Elimination - Continence Assessments, Catheter Care, Stomal Care
- Medication Care and Assessment (filling stacker trays, patient compliance, administering some medications in the home (ie injections)).
- Education and Support following a cardiac event; Diabetes education/support; post discharge support and support for patients with chronic health problems
- Wound Care - short term (post operative); long term (chronic ulcers).
- ACC wound Care.
- Oxygen Therapy - Domiciliary oxygen service provision & management of home oxygen for chronic, severe lung conditions (must meet a specific criteria through Dunedin Hospital). Follow up, exercises & education for chronic lung disease patients
- Chemotherapy – we are contracted to Dunedin Hospital for the Administration of chemotherapy, monitoring of side effects and ongoing care and giving education and support to families and care givers
- Palliative Care - support for patients and families to enable loved ones to be cared for at home and we liase with GP’s, Hospice & Oncologists.
To speak directly to one of our District Nurses please call us on 03 419 0530 between the hours of 8.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday.